.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container, .Profile img, .Image img, .BlogList .item-thumbnail img { padding: 0 !important; border: none !important; background: none !important; -moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; -webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px transparent !important; }

Saturday, 27 February 2016

February Favourites 2016


We are coming to the end of February which seemed to pass in the blink of an eye and in today's post I am going to be sharing with you some products I have been loving using this month. I have some makeup, skincare, haircare and fragrant favorites. So if you'd like to know what I've been using and loving throughout February carry on reading.  

Makeup//

Tanya Burr Lipgloss 'Aurora' 

This month I found myself going through my makeup collection and reaching for products that I haven't used in a while. I own 5 of Tanya's lipglosses and this one has been my current favourite. It's a coral pink shade with tiny specs of glitter. It's moisturising and not the slightest bit sticky. I've been wearing it over Mac's Modesty lipstick which I find to be a nice pair. 

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

I purchased this palette around Christmas time and since then It has become one of my favourite palettes I own. It has a great mix of neutrals, lights, darks, mattes and shimmers so it basically has every colour I want for a neutral or smokey eye. I've been wearing several of the shades (hazelnut, haute chocolate, amaretto) on their own just all over the lid and through the crease. Another look I've been enjoying creating is placing 'Black forrest truffle' all over the lid and into the crease and adding 'Triple fudge' into the outcorner to create a dark smokey eye. Overall this palette is very versatile and the shades blend beautifully so I would recommend this palette to everyone. 

Skincare//

Caudalie Lip Conditioner

As the weather in England has turned slightly colder this month my lips have been quite dry. I apply this is the evening before bed and in the morning my lips feel smooth, soft and moisturised. The balm is a creamy consistency and leaves no color on the lips. The price is affordable and the packaging is sleek and stunning. This is a product that I carry around with me at all times and will always repurchase. 

Soap and Glory 'Flake Away'

I discovered this exfoliator a good few years ago and after it ran out I never repurchased it until a couple of weeks ago when I popped into Boots and saw there was an offer. I have no idea why I didn't initially re-purchase this product because It's an incredible exfoliant that leaves my skin feeling beautiful. I use this twice a week in the shower and apply it all over my body and massage it in until the beads disappear. After I follow up with the Soap & Glory righteous butter and my skin is soft and radiant. From now on I will continue to buy it over and over again. 

MAC Prep and Prime Fix +

After hearing so many amazing reviews about this mist I decided to give into the hype and try it for myself. I've had this for 2 months now and honestly use it everyday. After applying my makeup I spray this onto my skin and allow it to dry and it will seal my look and give a dewy freshness to my face. I also use this to dampen my beauty blender which I find allows my makeup to apply nicer. 

Fragrance//

RI House eau de toilette

I received this perfume as a gift last Christmas and have been wearing it a ton throughout this month. First of all the packaging is gorgeous and the scent itself smells lovely. The only way I can describe is a sexy floral which I find to be very evening appropriate and for the price you can't go wrong. 


Hair//

Got2B 2 Sexy Hairspray 

I went into Superdrug looking for my favourite HairSpray which is the 'Got2B Blasting Freeze' and saw that there was a 2 for 1 offer so I decided to pick this one up. Initially I chose it for the pink packaging and sweet smell however It's actually a great hairspray that holds my hair in place all day and gives a nice shine without leaving my hair with a sticky or crispy texture. 

TV//

Prison Break

I began watching this series last month (I know I'm late on the bandwagon) on netflix and am now OBSESSED. It's so tense and gripping and I end up glued to my sofa. If you haven't seen it this show is about an Engineer who gets himself into prison in order to help his falsely accused brother escape his death sentence. I cannot wait for the new series to begin. Not to mention the cast members (Michael, Lincoln & Fernando) are great to look at! 

YouTubers//

Sacconejolys 

I've been watching Sacconejolys for years now and am always ready for 6oclock to watch their vlogs. I find their videos to be feel good and they are something I always look forward to. 

GlamLifeGuru (Tati) 

Tati is one of my favourite beauty gurus as I trust and value her opinion on all beauty products. If I need to know anything about a product Tati is the first Youtuber I will go to. She posts a video everyday of the week on Highend and Drugstore products, Hauls, Tips, Tutorials and Product reviews/First impressions. Overall, she is a YouTuber I would definitely recommend.  


Music//

'PillowTalk'- ZAYN

I'm quite the One Direction superfan so I was quite sceptical to how this track would sound but I am absolutely loving it. Zayn's vocals sound impressive and it exceeded all the expectations I had for his new single. I'm definitely looking forward to the whole album!

'Stone Cold'- Demi Lovato

I only recently bought Demi's new album and it has been on repeat ever since. This month Demi released 'Stone Cold' as her new single and I have fallen in love with the song especially after hearing her stunning performance on Ellen. This track is about dealing with the pain of watching your ex be with someone else and Demi sings the song effortlessly. Needless to say I have been belting this song out in the shower! 

That concludes my monthly favourites for January. What products have you been loving this month? Let me know in the comments below.